Thursday, February 21, 2008

An event that changed my life


Tirayah Fouch
ESL 99
21/02/08
An event that changed my life
Travelling from Israel to America was an event that changed my life. A year after I got married I received a letter saying in another two months I was leaving the country traveling to Chicago. I knew nothing of the place besides what I was talt at home, and that was how dangerous America is. Well I prepared my self to travel thinking it will bee such a happy vacation although I knew it was no vacation I still planed it as if it was. I saw my family before I left and gave everyone my full good by’s they told me no it’s not good by it’s see you latter so I said fine see you latter. The night I traveled I was nervous it was my second time on an airplane but my first time traveling to Chicago as we were landing I saw the view which was so beautiful up in the sky all the lights were on shining all over to me it was like being in the movies it was amazing but in short time the plane landed I was very happy the because the trip was just to long for me. The next day I wake up thinking I was home looked it was no place like home, I smiled got my self together and went out with my sister in-law while we were walking I asked her how is it living in Chicago and she responded it’s ok just make sure you are with someone at all times so my mind went back to what my parents told me about America I got a little scared but I got over it. Two weeks later I started working and making new friends I was introduced to a new life, a life I have never experienced before it took a while for me to actually adapt to new things so I took everything slowly and slowly but surely my life was taking a turn I began to change the way I look naturally thinking I was cute but my face was not the same, make up wore my face out and this was at the age of 25 so my body was already use to it’s natural look if that wasn’t enough I’ve changed the way I dress I use to wear cloths that covered the body now I wear cloths that cover only half of my body. I took pictures and sent them to my sister and my mom saw them I felt so embraced but then I felt fine because it was my life and I felt that I was grown enough to do what I want to do not knowing I was hurting my self by changing my life style from what I was talt my mom wouldn’t speak to me my father wouldn’t speak to me and my sisters thought I’ve really lost my mind so I had to make a decision I chose me because America has really changed my life.

No comments: