Sunday, February 24, 2008

An event that changed my life

My family’s immigration to the U.S. has changed my life, which made me feel lost, sad and exciting. Before I came to the U.S., I was a student at an architecture university, and I lived with my classmates on campus; we ate together, studied together and slept together. In fact, we did everything together. With the wish to become an architect, I had never stopped studying. I improved my skills of design and drawing everyday, and I had never thought I would move to another country. However, one day, I received a call from my mother while I was working on my design. She told me that our application to the U.S. had been approved. I was so shocked that I dropped my pen. I looked down at my uncompleted design, I realized that my life was about to change. I dropped my classed at school, and left my friends, my classmates and all my other relatives. It seemed that I lost everything in an instant, and I felt myself as isolated. After saying goodbye to my past life, I got aboard the plane to the U.S. with an uneasy mood and fear of the strange world. When I stepped on the land of the United States, I knew I would start a new life right here. Now I have been living in America for one year. I have already attended a new school and made a lot of new friends. I’ m still learning the American culture, and I hope I’ll fit in soon.

No comments: