Thursday, February 21, 2008

An Event That Changed My Life


I used to be fond of skating, but now things have changed because of a horrible accident. I have never forgotten that day I was twelve years old. One winter, the weather was so cold that water turned into ice. One day on my way home, when seeing a frozen lake, I thought that the ice must be thick enough to support me. Being so interested in skating, I could help doing down and sliding on the ice. Suddenly I heard a cracking sound. Looking down, I saw the crack on the ice surface. I was frightened out for my life and didn’t dare to move. It seemed that I was going to into the cold water. But nobody could help me, so I had to move toward the bank carefully. As soon as I got onto the bank, the ice broke and fell. How horrible it was! Even though it has been a long time since then, I can still feel the fear. And I no longer like skating anymore. After this experience, I realized that how short and precious is our life. We don’t know what will happen tomorrow or how much time we have left, but we do know is that we still have the chance to appreciate, forgive and make up what we have done in the past with one another. So do cherish it and cherish each moment that you are still alive.

No comments: