Monday, February 25, 2008

Event that changed my life


The event that changed my life forever was when I made the decision to move into the United States. I was getting ready that morning when my best friend picked me up. Then, in the airport he told me I wasn’t the only one with fears, thoughts, and lot of questions. He assured me that soon everything will be great. I completely agreed with him because at that time I knew I had needed to make a really big change in my life. I still remember my first day when I arrived. My parents had been already here, but for one reason I didn’t know were I was. The first person I saw in the airport waiting for me was my stepfather. While we were walking to get the suitcase, I was hearing the people around me speaking in many different languages. Everyone seemed happy to be in a Large city, such as Chicago. However, I still couldn’t understand why I felt the same as before when I left Mexico. How is it that other people, upon arrival to a new city, are able to change for the better and not feel like I had felt? On the highway, I saw people walking in a hurry back and forth. I was able to hear the rails of the train in the distance, and the noise of the world. In some way, I am still trying to overcome the solitude that I can say most immigrants feel during the beginning stages of staring a new life. These changes will always be present, and forever help me grow to become successful.

No comments: