Saturday, February 23, 2008

A Horrific Swimming Experience


  It was a terrible swimming experience of my childhood. When I was a child, I used to swim in the river which was near to the village where my friends lived. One day, we went to the river as usual. We were all excited about the water games, and we really had fun at that time. A few minutes later, one of my friends advised that we should play a new game. First, we played a finger-guessing game. Then the loser would stay on the bank of the river and close his eyes. The rest of us hid ourselves separately. After that, he needed to find one person and get hold of him. When we were done, the loser began to search. Later, he found a kid hiding beside the river. So he ran fast to catch him. The hiding kid hurried to jump into the river. Unfortunately, his leg muscle went into spasm. He held out his hands for help, but the others were too far away from him and didn’t know what was happening. The loser tried to help our friend and they struggled in the water for a few minutes. When we realized something was wrong, it was too late. We grabbed our friends’ bodies out of the water. They were dead. At that moment, we were all scared and didn’t know what to do. Finally, someone ran back home and explained what happened to the adults. However, they couldn’t change anything. Since that, I have never dared swim in the river. The pale faces of my friends are still in my mind. It was the worst thing that ever happened in my life.

No comments: