Monday, February 25, 2008

Remember my trip and history




I will remember a bus trip on a beautiful day that I felt longer and brought me back to our history in Hawaii. I went there with my husband three years ago that was my first visit. I had been avoiding visiting typical resorts, because I had thought they would be boring. But my husband wanted to show me how it’s nice there, so I yielded to him and decided to go. Upon our arrival there, we went to a travel desk to book some activities. Because an agent strongly recommended Pearl Harbor Tour, we agreed to join that for forth day’s activity. The first three days, we enjoyed shopping, horseback riding and beautiful shores. I was beginning to realize that it was such a nice place. The morning of the Pearl Harbor Tour, we were waiting a bus very relaxed. That small bus which had picked up all other members for this tour stopped in front of us as final stop. I stepped inside, then I was shocked and had goose bumps because everyone else was white and old aged people. Once we had seated, the tour started. I had been very nervous and thinking about how to answer if some of them said something bad to us. When we were close to the destination, the guide started talking “ One Sunday morning, Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor unexpected…….” I wanted to get off the bus because I felt their expressionless faces seemed addressing a grudge to former enemy. I was scared from them. While we were there, we watched documentary films and many pictures and we visited a memorial by a small boat. Later, some people in the bus talked and smiled to us very friendly. I was relaxed and reflected on my thinking about the tour as sightseeing. This tour reminded me what did happen in our history in Hawaii and this had big significance for the both countries.

No comments: